- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
Who we are
This website is operated by Pulse of Perfumery Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07664751 having a registered office at Ground Floor, 4 Broadgate, Broadgate Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham, OL9 9XA trading as Pulse Of Perfumery.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom either as a EU regulation or as a UK data protection act) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, or purchase products via our website, post material to our website or complete customer surveys via our website.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you contact us or purchase products via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. Such information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- date of birth
- bank account and payment details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests.
Further information – the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected||What information we ask for||How and why we use your information|
|When you register with us||Contact details: your name and email address||We ask for this: — to create and manage your account with us — to communicate with you about your account We will keep this information until: — you close your account with us — we close your account|
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your name and delivery address details with organisations such as Royal Mail or other delivery companies.
This data sharing enables us to despatch the goods you ordered directly to you.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
We require you to provide your name, address or, delivery address if different to enable us to deliver your purchased goods. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
The impact of our use of your personal information
To create orders & process your orders.
Cookies and similar technologies
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We would like to send you information about products and services, events and special offers which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email or telephone.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you order from us for the first time. If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
– contacting us at email@example.com
– using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
– updating your marketing preferences on our newsletter
It may take up to 28 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01565 755650 or write to us, Pulse of Perfumery, 25, Princess Street, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6BW.
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates [, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them]
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
How to contact us
Please contact us, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com, write to 25, Princess Street, Knutsford, Cheshire. WA16 6BW or call 01565 755650, Tuesday – Saturday 10am-6pm.
Do you need extra help?